Portrait of Balich Occo Pompeiusdochter, wife of Joost Buijck
- Artist/ Creator
- Isaac Claesz van Swanenburg (formerly attributed to Lancelot Blondeel)
- Portrait of Balich Occo Pompeiusdochter, wife of Joost Buijck
- 16th-century copy of an unknown original
- Oil on panel
- 51 x 40,5 cm
- AK 215
Who the owner was and who consigned this painting for sale at Paul Brandt auction is not known.
This portrait of Balich Occo Pompeiusdochter (1510-1578), formerly attributed to Lancelot Blondeel and currently to Isaac Claesz van Swanenburg was bought by the museum in 1943 at a small Amsterdam auction house. The possibly problematic provenance of the painting was mentioned in the Museum Acquisitions 1940-1948 report, in 1999. No new information regarding the previous owners has emerged since then.
- Paul Brandt (auction), Amsterdam
Museum inventory; see Paul Brandt cat., Amsterdam 24 February 1943, no. 7 (ill.) (as L. Blondeel)
- Purchased through mediation by Paul Brandt and C.J. Baron Schimmelpenninck van der Oijen
- 1943-02-24 <> present day
- Museum Ons Lieve Heer op Solder