Studio of a Seventeenth-century Dutch Artist
- Artist/ Creator
- Johannes Stroebel
- Studio of a Seventeenth-century Dutch Artist
- Oil on canvas
- 78 x 65,5 cm
- jc 0296
When or from whom Goudstikker/Miedl art gallery acquired this painting is no longer known.
J. Goudstikker art gallery acquired this painting in 1943 when it was being run by Alois Miedl. Miedl took the gallery over when Jacques Goudstikker, a Jew, fled the country in 1940. This seems not to have belonged to Jacques Goudstikker’s prewar collection. From whom Miedl acquired the work is no longer known.
- Before 1943-09-30
Museum inventory; Goudstikker/Miedl archive inv. no. 6469
- 1943-09-30 <> ?
- Goudstikker/Miedl (art dealer), Amsterdam
Museum inventory; Goudstikker/Miedl (RKD) archive inv. no. 6469; NBI archive no. 851/1; SNK archive no. 1061
- ? <> ?
- Dr F. Grünagel (collection), Arnhem
SNK archive no. 186
- Before 1957-02-21
- P.A. Scheen (art dealer), The Hague
- Purchased by the museum from P.A. Scheen art dealer
- 1957-02-21<> present day
- Museum Jan Cunen