- Artist/ Creator
- Anonymous (Netherlands)
- 17th century
- h. 94,5 x b. 153 x d. 44 cm
- Applied art
This pew was part of the collection of J. van Messel a Jewish art dealer.
In August 1942, J. van Messel art gallery merged with Firma S. van Messel. Ownership of S. van Messel had already been transferred to Dr Friedrich M. Hübner in November 1941, as Verwalter. The pew was acquired by the museum from J. van Messel in Amsterdam in June 1942, before the merger. Yet it is unclear whether payment for the pew was actually received by J. van Messel, since the precise date of Hübner’s takeover of the J. van Messel gallery is not known. J. van Messel was killed at Auschwitz in 1944.
- Before 1942-06
- J. van Messel (art dealer), Amsterdam
- Purchased by the museum at J. van Messel art dealer
- 1942-06 <> present day
- Museum Muiderslot