Portrait of Anna Maria van Nutt
- Artist/ Creator
- Ferdinand Bol
- Portrait of Anna Maria van Nutt
- Oil on canvas
- 118 x 97 cm
When and from whom C.H.J. Veldkamp acquired this painting is no longer known. This and its pendant may have belonged to a Jewish collector.
C.H.J. Veldkamp was a director of a cooperative sugar refinery in Roosendaal. In the 1930s he acquired a considerable collection of art and antiques. During the war, Veldkamp allegedly sympathised with the Germans. When the Allies liberated Roosendaal in September 1944, he fled. He died in Maastricht on 31 August 1945.
On 13 April 2015 the Restitutions Committee gave binding advice to restitute this painting to the legal successor of the former owner.
- ? <> 1945-08-31
- C.H.J. Veldkamp (collection), Roosendaal
Museum inventory; SNK archive no. 1052
- 1945-08-31 <> after 1950-05-16
- Erven Veldkamp (collection), Roosendaal
- After 1950-05-16
- Purchased by Roosendaal municipality from Veldkamp’s heirs
- After 1950-05-16 <> 2015-04-13
- Museum Tongerlohuys (on loan from the municipality)