- Artist/ Creator
- Paul Klee
- Ink on paper
- 105 x 237 mm
- A 8453
Sheetsize 254 x 323 mm, drawing size 105 x 237 mm
This drawing was part of the collection that Otto Ralfs stored at Firma Walter Blank during the war. In January 1945 the place was plundered by the Soviet Red Army.
The donor who gave the drawing to the museum in December 1958 wished to remain anonymous.
The work was owned by Otto Ralfs, of Brunswick in Germany, who had acquired it from the artist in or before 1925. Otto Ralfs (1892-1955) was a collector and friend of Paul Klee. He had built a large collection since 1923. In 1942 or 1943, Ralfs stored this work and others from his collection at Firma Walter Blank in Kattowitz [today’s Katowice, Poland]. When the city was captured by the Red Army in January 1945, Firma Walter Blank’s storage facility was plundered.
- Before 1925 <> 1945
- Otto Ralfs (collection), Brunswick
Museum inventory; Paul Klee archive; J. Helfenstein, Paul Klee: catalogue raisonné, London/Bern 1998-2004, vol. 2, 85, cat. no. 1008
- After 1945 <> ?
- Anonymous (collection), Poland
- ? <> 1958-12
- Anonymous (collection), Netherlands
- Donated to the museum by an anonymous donor
- 1958-12 <> present day
- Stedelijk Museum