Empire pendulum clock
- Artist/ Creator
- Empire pendulum clock
- c. 1840
- Alabaster, brass and mahogany
- h. 19 x b. 29 x d. 6,5 cm
Alabaster pendulum clock with brass mechanism and mahogany base
- Applied art
Who turned this pendulum clock in to the police during the war in no longer known; it is possible that the object was once the property of a Jewish owner.
During the Second World War, a ‘woman living on the Boulevard’ brought this pendulum clock to the former local police station on Balastkade in Vlissingen. When the police moved to Breestraat, it was found in the archive. In 1977, the police gave the clock to the museum.
- Before 1945
- Unknown (possible Jewish property), Vlissingen
- 1945 <> 1977
- Police station, Vlissingen
- Given to the museum for safekeeping by Vlissingen police
- 1977 <> present day